Sunday, March 23, 2008

Setting Up Shop In Hilton Head ...

Whether you play D1, D2 or D3, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get nicer than this. We arrived here in Hilton Head, South Carolina late last night after a tough loss to The University of the South - Sewannee in Tennessee. Although we lost 17-15, it was the best first game of the season that I've been a part of in my four years with the Yeomen. We definitely have a lot of kinks to work out, but I'd say that things look very promising for the remainder of the season and years to come. A lot of different guys got chance to contribute which was also very cool.

The entire team is staying split into 7 condos in a beautiful housing division right on the beach. I'm staying with sophomore Joey Pope and freshman Harry Israelson, and our condo is beyond gorgeous. I'm super pumped about it because as a senior, I have a king sized bed with a bathroom thats about the size of my bedroom in Oberlin all to myself.

We had our first practice down here today and even our practice field was a treat. It's always interesting to see the different areas of the country that we get to through the course of the season. Although a lot of us were banged up and tired from our game yesterday, it was nice to run around for a while and work out the soreness.

I spent the rest of the day grocery shopping for our condo, taking a much needed nap and watching a little of the NCAA basketball tournament. Tonight our condo is joining forces with senior Drew Zamebelli's to cook a delicious pasta meal and enjoy ourselves for a while. We really haven't gotten much time to bond as a team yet so nights like tonight and the rest of this week should be really good for our growth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did Matt Hollenbeck survive the first day without getting his customary sun burn?