Saturday, March 29, 2008

Dolphins



Dolphins! Yesterday I took the morning to go bike riding up and down the beach and saw a bunch of dolphins. That was pretty sweet. Actually, we've all been spending a lot of time on the beach lately and its starting to show in the form of tans and sunburns. The weather has been fantastic so I can't complain at all. We got some frisbee, bacci ball, marco polo games, sand castle building, and beach lacrosse going today. The water was kind of cold but I don't think anyone cared.

Yesterday we had our last practice of the trip (today we had a day off). Practice went alright, but I was happy to be back out there playing. I had been too sick to play the day before so it felt good to run around a little. It seems a little hard for us to maintain focus with the beautiful surroundings but I think we did a pretty good job. Plus coach bought us all ice cream afterwards.

Tonight we had our annual spring break dinner at Steamer's Restaurant. Donn Jacobs was nice enough to fund the event this year and trust me when I say we are all grateful to him for doing so. Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of seafood so instead I ordered a 14 oz ribeye steak and it was delicious. A lot of the guys got the famous 'seafood platter' with Alaskan King Crab Legs, Oysters, Mussels, Crawfish, Clams, Snow Crab Legs, Shrimp and a ear of corn. Basically just a huge mound of shellfish.

We have a tradition on the Men's Lacrosse team: Whenever we go out to dinner as a team, one of the upperclassmen will order a desert with a candle in it for one of the freshmen and we'll all sing 'happy birthday' regardless of whether its his birthday or not. Rob Bond was the lucky candidate tonight with some key lime pie. I've got some more targets in mind for tomorrow night and the next so watch out!

We head back up the east coast tomorrow for our game against Vassar College. We'll be on the bus all day which will probably will be uneventful, spend the night in Fredricksburg, Virginia then continue to New York the next day.

No comments: