Monday, March 24, 2008

Eating Good in the Neighborhood …


Spring Break is in full swing now and funky mustaches and jokes are plentiful. Freshman Nick Engleheart told me today that he was really digging the vibe on the team right now and I completely agree. We are getting to spend a lot of time together just hanging out, playing lacrosse in the beautiful weather and cooking some delicious food.

Speaking of food, last night we had a huge spaghetti pasta dinner and it was delicious. Even though it took a total of 6 of us to cook for 8 ( the rest of the team had dinner in the other team condos) it turned out great and I was stuffed by the end. Tonight my condo is again combining with Drew Zambelli's to have another family style dinner but tonight we are having grilled chicken, burgers, baked beans, asparagus parmesan melt and tater tots.

After dinner Coach Walz is hosting his annual game of Risk. I'm pretty sure he'll end up losing but we'll see what happens.

Tomorrow either after or before practice, depending on when I wake up, I'm planning on going to rent a bike and check out some of the scenery and wildlife in the area. That should be a lot of fun considering we've gotten a bit unlucky weather wise back in Oberlin thus far this year, and have not had a great deal of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. I really want to find some of the indigenous alligators as I have yet to see one this year.

You know, the weird thing is about the effect of our trip... I'm feeling a bit under the weather but it almost doesn't even matter down here. The weather is great, guys on the team are having a great time and positivity is spread throughout the team.

No comments: